Registration and Age Requirements
In order to access certain features of the Site, and to post any content on the Site, you will have to create a Funimation account and become a Member. The Site and Service are not intended to be used by children without involvement and approval of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to subscribe to Funimation or provide your personal information to the Service. If you are at least 13 and under 18 years of age, you may subscribe to the Service only if you have the consent of your parent or guardian. Member-only features include, but are not limited to, creating an account, posting in the forum (including replies and new posts), posting comments, posting reviews, watching subscriber-exclusive videos, watching videos with Mature Content (members must be at least 17 years of age to view Mature Content), communicating with other users via private messages, and adding shows to queue. Members may also limit the maturity level of accessible episodes and movies with our Restrict Mature Content setting in the member’s Account Settings page on the Site.
You agree not to use false identities or impersonate any other person or use a username or password that you are not authorized to use. Funimation reserves the right to require you to change your Funimation username for any reason and may do so at any time, or to shut down any account Funimation deems in its sole discretion to be unauthorized.
You agree that you are responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your username, password and corresponding Funimation account information. You agree not to disclose your password to anyone. You agree that you are entirely and solely responsible for any and all activities or actions that occur under your Funimation account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You agree to immediately notify Funimation administrators of any unauthorized use of your username, password or Funimation account.
Funimation Streaming Service Subscription
How Our Service Works
Funimation subscriptions are only open to customers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. Funimation reserves the right to make any changes to the subscription service without notice.
Membership and Billing
At Funimation’s sole discretion, Funimation may offer a free trial period to first-time customers, limit 1 per household and/or Payment Method provided. Terms of free trial offers, including duration of free trial, may vary. Your trial period begins the day you sign up for a Funimation subscription.
Upon completion of the free trial period, your subscription to Funimation will automatically renew. YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PRIOR TO THE END OF THE FREE TRIAL OFFER TO AVOID CHARGES TO YOUR PAYMENT METHOD.
At Funimation’s sole discretion, Funimation may offer promotional offers. Funimation does not guarantee that an offer will be made to any User or Member. Special offers will only be available to Users or Members who receive the offer directly from the Company. The terms and conditions of a special offer will only apply, if User or Member responds affirmatively to the Special Offer. Terms of special offers, including the promotional price and duration of the promotional price, may vary from time to time.
By starting a Funimation membership, you are expressly agreeing that Funimation is authorized to charge your Payment Method for subscription services made on the website. You are responsible for any taxes or fees associated with website purchases. All fees and charges are nonrefundable. If you are the victim of identity theft and your website account is involved, you should immediately notify customer service. You should also report the instance to your credit card issuer and local law enforcement agency. Funimation reserves the right to place any account on hold at any time with or without notification to the member in order to protect itself or its partners from what it believes to be fraudulent activity. Funimation is not obligated to credit or discount your membership for holds placed on your account. Funimation may provide refunds or credits to Members at sole discretion of the company. You are expressly authorizing Funimation to charge your payment method to renew membership if subscription term ends and you have not cancelled subscription. If your payment method for any reason does not accept the subscription charges, you are responsible for any uncollected amounts. Funimation may change subscription fees at any time, but will provide notice of any price changes to Members. The number of devices available for use per account and the number of simultaneous streams allowed may change from time to time at our discretion.
Your subscription will automatically renew until you cancel your membership or Funimation terminates it. You must cancel the subscription before the end of term to avoid being charged for another term.
Cancellation & Termination
You may cancel your membership to Funimation at any time, and cancellations will be effective immediately. WE DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR UNUSED TIME IN SUBSCRIPTION TERMS. In no event shall Funimation’s liability to Members or Users for any damages resulting from inability to use website or service exceed the amount of one month’s subscription on Member’s subscription plan. Funimation reserves the right to terminate your account for any or no reason.
Features & Functionality
Funimation allows you to instantly stream video to watch on your computer and devices through applications. Funimation makes no representations about the quality of display or streaming speed. The service will only work on hardware and software platforms specified on the Site. It is Member’s responsibility to make sure that you have the proper software, hardware and internet connection to use the Funimation streaming videos. Funimation may at any time change the minimum hardware requirements and stop supporting certain software, with or without notice. Funimation makes no representations or warranties concerning devices or compatibility of device with company’s streaming service.
Community / Forum
Use of community is for personal, non-commercial use and at user’s own risk. You do not have to participate in Funimation’s community and may make all information and user submitted content private. By using community features, you are consenting to release of information to other members of community and visitors of the website. If you do not want to release information, then you should not use the community features and services. Members are free to disclose your identity in connection with reviews, ratings, comments, forum posts, and other forms of personal information, but Members are solely responsible for such disclosures. By using the community features, you are agreeing that Funimation may eliminate or modify any or all aspects of service, website, and community.
If you do not wish to provide non-required information, then you should not fill out an account. Your account may be seen by Funimation staff and administrators for the purposes of customer service. Members and Users are responsible for accuracy of information provided to Funimation and for the confidentiality of account and password.
Members of the Funimation community are automatically given a generic avatar photo to represent them on the website. Members may update avatar image at any time and as often as desired.
Members may post review content on the website. Funimation does not regularly review such content; however, Funimation reserves the right to remove reviews for any or no reason. By posting a review, you authorize Funimation to post the content on the website. Members may report inappropriate reviews.
Digital Copy License Grant and Restrictions
Within the Territory and subject to the terms and conditions in these Terms of your Funimation Digital Code and account (“FDC” and “FDC Service”) grants you a limited, personal use, non-transferable, non-assignable, revocable, non-exclusive and non-sublicensable right to the following:
The Videos associated with the FDC will be accessible on www.funimation.com using a valid Funimation.com user account and using the apps associated with www.funimation.com.
This is a license agreement and not an agreement for sale or assignment of any rights in the Content or the FDC Service.
You may not and agree not to:
- bypass, modify, defeat or tamper with or circumvent any of the functions or protections of the FDC Service including, but not limited to, mechanisms that protect or limit use or access to the FDC Service and Content.
- damage, disable, overburden or impair the FDC Service.
- bundle Content or the FDC Service for redistribution with other products or services.
- use or attempt to use the FDC Service from outside the Territory and as such, you acknowledge that FDC may use technologies to verify and enforce your compliance.
- Any attempt to perform any of the restrictions is a violation of the rights of Funimation and its licensors. If you become involved in any violation of system security, Funimation reserves the right to, and you agree that Funimation may, release your details to system administrators at other sites and to law enforcement agencies in order to assist them in resolving security incidents and violations of law.
- Streaming FDC Content. Select Content can be streamed through the FDC Service over an active Internet connection. The image quality will vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection, the device you use and the software currently installed on such device. Two concurrent streams are allowed for each FDC account at any time.
- Downloading FDC-Eligible Movies. FDC Members may not download content.
- Digital HD/Digital Copy Code Redemption. You can enter unused FDC (that have not expired) on www.funimation.com.
- Future Unavailability. Subject to these Usage Rules, there is no limit to the number of times you can stream FDC-eligible movies; however, it is possible that those movies may not be available for subsequent stream at any given time. FDC will take reasonable efforts to provide you with as much prior notice as possible; however, FDC shall have no liability to you in such event.
FDC-Compatible Devices, Technical Requirements and Limitations.
- FDC-Compatible Devices. Use of the FDC Service requires compatible devices and certain software; may require periodic updates and may be affected by the performance of these elements. You can access your Content with almost any Internet-connected computer or through the FDC application available for certain mobile devices (Internet connection required) (each, a “FDC-Compatible Device”). For specifics concerning supported operating systems, web browsers and optimal streaming support please check FDC HELP.
- Fees and Internet Connection. You are solely responsible for determining and paying any fees, charges or taxes in connection with your use of the FDC Service including, without limitation, those imposed by any Internet service provider, carrier or governmental entity. You must have a high speed Internet connection in order to access and use certain aspects of the FDC Service.
Use and Sharing of Certain Information
You authorize Funimation to share information regarding your account, video titles and video descriptions with Funimation’s affiliates and understand that:
- Those affiliates will use the information in accordance with their privacy policies and applicable terms and conditions.
Suspension and Termination
ON TERMINATION OF YOUR FDC ACCOUNT, WHETHER TERMINATED BY YOU OR BY FDC, YOU WILL IMMEDIATELY LOSE THE RIGHT TO ACCESS STREAMED CONTENT THROUGH THE FDC SERVICE AND WITHIN A LIMITED PERIOD WILL LOSE THE RIGHT TO VIEW FDC-ELIGIBLE MOVIES DOWNLOADED WITHIN THE FDC SERVICE.
- You understand and agree that the Content you receive through the FDC Service is licensed to you for your personal use. Such Content, including the copyrights in the Content, are owned by Funimation, its affiliates and/or its licensors, and is protected by the copyright laws of the United States, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. Funimation does not transfer any title, right or interest to or in the Content to you.
- The FDC Service may not be available: (i) during any maintenance or update periods, any power or server outages; (ii) as a result of war, riots, strikes, social unrest; or (iii) as a result of other matters beyond the control of us or third parties.
DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY; LIABILITY LIMITATION.
You acknowledge and agree to the essential condition that the Content and FDC Service are provided “AS IS” and without warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Funimation, its affiliates, licensors, agents and service providers (the “Funimation Parties”) each expressly disclaim any warranties and conditions, express, implied, or statutory, including but not limited to, warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, completeness, availability, security, compatibility, satisfactory quality and noninfringement, and their equivalents under the laws of any jurisdiction. You also acknowledge and agree that Funimation Parties do not warrant that the Content and the FDC Service will be without errors, viruses or other harmful components.
Proprietary Rights in Site Content; Limited License
with or without cause.
All trademarks, service marks, and trade names used on the Site or in the Service are proprietary to Funimation and are owned and controlled by Funimation or by other parties that have licensed their material to Funimation. All characters, images and logos are registered trademarks of Funimation or its content suppliers in the United States or other countries, and any such trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service without the express written permission of Funimation or its licensor(s). Any images of persons or personalities contained on website are not an indication of endorsement of company unless otherwise indicated.
User and Member Conduct
You understand that the Service and the Site are available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted through your account or otherwise posted, transmitted, or shared by you on or through the Service will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material. Company reserves the right to terminate your membership if Funimation believes you are violating these terms.
In addition, you agree not to use the Service or the Site to:
- harvest or collect e-mail addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service or the Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited e-mails or other unsolicited communications;
- use the Service or the Site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Site;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Service or the Site;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any videos other than those of a personal nature;
- register for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a User account on behalf of any group or entity;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity through fraud or other form of social engineering;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available on the Site any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- solicit personal information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass another;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law
- use or attempt to use another’s account, service or system without authorization from Funimation or from that account’s registered user, or create a false identity on the Service or the Site.
- grant access to any password-protected content, account, or areas of Funimation to another unauthorized person.
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Funimation, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose Funimation or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
- hack Funimation’s system or network
User and Member Content Posted on the Site
You are solely responsible for the photos, images, profiles (including your name, image, and likeness), messages, notes, text, information, music, video, advertisements, listings, and other content that you upload, publish or display (hereinafter, “post”) on or through the Service or the Site, or transmit to or share with other Users or Members (collectively the “User Content”). You may not post, transmit, or share User Content on the Site or Service that you did not create or that you do not have permission to post. You may not post any content that that is of a pornographic, extremely violent, repulsive or disturbing nature, or otherwise unsuitable for minors. You understand and agree that Funimation may, but is not obligated to, review the Site and may delete or remove (without notice) any Site Content or User Content in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, including User Content that in the sole judgment of Funimation violates this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of users or others. You are solely responsible a your sole cost and expense for creating backup copies and replacing any User Content you post or store on the Site or provide to Funimation.
When you post User Content to the Site, you authorize and direct us to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of the User Content on the Site. By posting User Content to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Funimation an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Content for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. User waives claims against Funimation for use of such materials and ideas, even if materials or ideas are substantially similar to idea user submitted. You may remove your User Content from the Site at any time. If you choose to remove your User Content, the license granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that Funimation may retain archived copies of your User Content. Funimation does not assert any ownership over your User Content; rather, as between us and you, subject to the rights granted to us in these Terms, you retain full ownership of all of your User Content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your User Content.
Funimation allows users to post reviews, comments, and forum posts, blog posts, fan art, fan fiction, cosplay, and videos of a personal nature concerning content distributed by Funimation; however, Funimation shall not be liable for such content. It is your responsibility to evaluate content. Any opinions given by Third Parties are owned by their respective authors, and not by Funimation.
Third Party Websites and Content
The Site contains (or you may be sent through the Site or the Service) links to other web sites (“Third Party Sites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Applications, Software or Content”). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through the Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content posted on, available through or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third Party Sites or to use or install any Third Party Applications, Software or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any Third Party Site to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from such Third Party Site. You may revoke Third Party Application’s access to your account at any time. For any technical support relating to the use of a Third Party Application, you should contact the Third Party and not Funimation.
THIS SITE AND THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED BY FUNIMATION ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. FUNIMATION MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, FUNIMATION DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER FUNIMATION NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATED OR RELATED ENTITIES, NOR ANY PERSON INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, AND DISTRIBUTION OF THIS SITE WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITES OR THE SERVER(S) THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY FUNIMATION OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY.THE MATERIAL THAT YOU VIEW ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED SOLELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES. FUNIMATION DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU (AND NOT FUNIMATION) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION INVOLVING YOUR COMPUTER OR YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT NEITHER FUNIMATION, NOR ITS AFFILIATED OR RELATED ENTITIES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, NOR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OR DISTRIBUTION OF THIS WEB SITE ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER WHATSOEVER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER FUNIMATION WEB SITE. FUNIMATION WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FUNIMATION IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER SUBSCRIBERS OR THIRD PARTIES.
Applicable Law and Exclusive Jurisdiction
This site is created, controlled and operated by Funimation from its offices within the State of Texas, USA. Funimation makes no representation that the Site or the Service or any content contained therein are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to your use of the site may be finally settled by compulsory arbitration at the sole discretion of Funimation in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act, subject to the following modifications: the arbitration proceeding will take place in Dallas, Texas, U.S.A. The arbitration award shall be final and binding regardless of whether one or the other parties fails or refuses to participate in the arbitration. The arbitral award will be the exclusive remedy of the parties for all claims, counterclaims, issues or accounting presented or pled to the arbitrator(s).
You agree to indemnify and hold Funimation, its affiliates, subcontractors and other partners, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Site in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in this Agreement and/or any Content that you post on, through or in connection with the Site.
Funimation respects the intellectual property rights of others, and asks that you do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Funimation’s Copyright Agent with the information specified below. Please note this procedure is exclusively for notifying Funimation and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed upon.
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- a description of where the material that you claim to be infringing is located on the Site;
- your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
With respect to any claims of copyright infringement on any Funimation Website, Funimation’s Copyright Agent may be reached by certified mail, registered mail or e-mail (postage prepaid, return receipt requested) at:
Attn: Legal Department
1200 Lakeside Pkwy, Bldg 1
Flower Mound, TX 75028
This agreement, disclaimers, terms, and conditions, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, as it is applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within such State, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. ANY ACTION YOU, ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FUNIMATION BRING TO ENFORCE THIS AGREEMENT OR OTHERWISE BROUGHT IN CONNECTION WITH ANY MATTERS RELATED TO THIS SITE SHALL BE BROUGHT ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY IN EITHER THE STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN TARRANT COUNTY, TEXAS, AND YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF SAID COURTS. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions contained herein. This is the entire agreement between the parties relating to the matters contained herein and shall not be modified except in writing by Funimation. Funimation reserves the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of our sites and these disclaimers, terms, and conditions at any time.
Last updated: March 31st, 2016